While you can wear your coloured contacts for up to eight hours at any one time, you must not swim, sleep or bathe while wearing them. Before removing your coloured contact lenses make sure you have the case and contact lens solution ready.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry.
- Using your left hand pull back your top and bottom eyelids.
- Using your right index finger slide the lens to the outer corner of your eye.
- Using your right thumb and index finger gently pinch the lens and lift out of your eye. It will likely take you a few attempts to get the hang of this. Use a tissue if your eye starts to water.
- Place the lens into the palm of your hand with the printed side down and drop a little contact lens solution onto the lens.
- Very gently rub the lens using your index finger (not your nail) to rub the lens for 15-30 seconds.
- Place the lens in it’s case, fill with contact lens solution and close the lid.
- Repeat the above process for the other eye.
Removing your coloured contacts may take a few attempts, this is normal so don’t worry. Even people that contacts every day sometimes struggle.